("us", “our”, or “we”).
, explains to you the basis on which any personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed, used, and stored by us.
By visiting and continuing to use this website, you are consenting to us:
- using cookies;
- collecting information about you and using that information; and
- processing, transmitting, and/or storing your information,
This website is controlled by Bristol Grammar School
, a charity registered in England & Wales with Registered Charity No. 1104425 and whose registered office is located at Bristol Grammar School
.Data Protection Act 1998
We have notified the Information Commissioner’s Office in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) that we may obtain information about visitors to our website. For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is Bristol Grammar School
of University Road, Bristol, BS8 1SR
, and our nominated representative with regards to any queries you may have is the Bristol Grammar School
Director of ICT Matt Nice.Children under 12 years of age
If you do not consent to your child using our website, you must ensure that your child ceases all use of our website immediately.Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give us: you may give us information about you by filling in forms or completing editable fields on our website. This includes information you submit on our website when you create a user profile, subscribe to our services and/or newsletters, participate in discussion boards or other forums, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and/or when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, photograph, and/or such other information as you may give us from time to time. We also retain the right to view any private messages sent through our website for security monitoring purposes.
- Information we may collect about you / is automatically logged: each time you visit our website we may collect (automatically or otherwise) information including:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet. This information identifies only the computer that is being used to view the website, and does not identify the user as an individual; and
- your web browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system, and the Uniform Resource Locators (URL) of the websites which you use immediately before and after our website. This information enables us to produce and review vital statistics about our website, in turn enabling us to develop our website to provide the best possible experience for our users.
- Information we receive from other sources: we may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and/or credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them from time to time.
.How we use this Information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
Distribution of your information
- Information you give to us: we may use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and/or
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you: we may use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and/or survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, if and when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure; and/or
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- Information we receive from other sources: we may combine this information with information you give to us, and which we collect about you. We may use this information, including the combined information, for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may disclose your information:
Where we store your personal data
- to any member of our group, being our subsidiaries and/or holding company (and its subsidiaries);
- in the event that our business (or any party of it) is bought by, or integrated with, a third party business, to our advisers and/or the prospective purchase and their advisers, and potentially also onto the new owners of the business (or relevant part of the business);
- in aggregated form to third parties for the purpose of their or our analysis, including for the purpose of fraud protection and assisting us with the improvement or optimisation of our website.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Whilst we operate security measures in line with industry standard, unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. For example, transmissions may be unlawfully intercepted by third parties whilst in transit, or individuals or groups of individuals may unlawfully access our systems. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and/or affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to third party websites.Access to information
, or write to us at the address of our registered office (see “About Us” above).
Further contact information can be located at the “Contact Us
” page of this website. Applicable Law and Jurisidiction